- Did I win the contest? When will I receive my prize?
- Free hardware application: Do I have to submit a project entry if I receive free hardware?
- Free hardware application: How many $100 Idea funding are available?
- Free hardware application: How many ideas can I submit?
- Free hardware application: I was notified that I was selected to receive one of $100 Idea funding. When will I receive it?
- Free hardware application: What happens if I receive free hardware and do not submit a project entry?
- Free hardware application: What kind of idea is more likely to win free hardware?
- I submitted my project but it says "Awaiting moderation". Will it affect my eligibility?
- My project is locked and I can't edit it anymore. Why is that?
- Somebody copied my entry! What can I do?
- What are the entry requirements?
- What are the judging criteria?
- What are the prizes?
- What are the steps to enter the contest?
- What is the contest timeline?
- When will winners be announced? Where can I see the list?
- Who is eligible to participate?
If you are a winner, we will contact you directly via email to arrange the shipment of your prize.
Participants who receive free hardware and do not submit a project may be ineligible for future giveaways unless the hardware is returned.
If you receive free hardware and become unable to submit a project, please contact us at email@example.com and let us know as soon as possible. We may choose to arrange for the hardware to be shipped to another participant.
- Each project must be fully documented on Hackster per the “project” template.
- Each final project must be submitted as within the project template.
- Each final project must consist of the following materials:
f) CAD (if any)
- Relevance to automatic or low-friction consumable reordering via Amazon Dash Replenishment (25 points).
- Creativity (20 points).
- Story/Instructions – Show how you created your project, including images and screenshots (15 points).
- Project documentation, including working code, schematics, CAD, and/or BOM (10 points).
- BONUS – Use of DRS APIs (10 points).
- BONUS – Consumer-facing, DRS-enabled connected device submitted for DRS certification at https://developer.amazon.com/dash-replenishment/drs_portal.html (10 points).
- BONUS – Video highlighting unique features of your project (10 points).
- 27' iMac 5K, $1500 and a personalized trophy!
- 27' iMac 5K, $1000 and a personalized trophy!
- 27' iMac 5K, $500 and a personalized trophy!
- Create a free Hackster account
- Register to participate in the contest
- Create an Amazon Developer account (developer.amazon.com) using the same email address as that used for your Hackster account
- Submit a project idea on this contest page by Oct 31, 2016
- Design, build, and submit your project by Feb 26, 2017 (add your project to the contest by clicking on “Add my Project” and submit by clicking on “Submit to Contest”).
October 13, 2016 at 11:59 PM PT
Applications for hardware close:
October 31, 2016 at 11:59 PM PT
February 26, 2017 at 11:55 PM PT
March 13, 2017
Winners of $100 Idea funding will be announced individually by email on a rolling basis.
Contest winners will be announced on March 13, 2017. The list of winners will be visible on the main page (Contest brief).
Contestants must (a) be at least 16 years of age, (b) be a resident of a country other than Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan or Syria, (c) not be involved in the execution or administration of the Contest, and (d) not be an immediate family member or a household member of a Hackster employee. To be eligible for judging, an entry must meet the following content and technical requirements:
- Idea or project must be designed to integrate with or facilitate automatic or low-friction consumable reordering via Amazon Dash Replenishment.
- Contestants must create a free Hackster.io account and register as a participant for this contest.
- Contestants must create an Amazon Developer account (developer.amazon.com) using the same email address as that used for the Hackster account.
- All ideas must be submitted in the English language.
- Each entry must be the contestants’ own original work; and
- Entries cannot have been selected as a winner in any other contest; and
- Contestants must have obtained any and all consents, approvals or licenses required for contestants to submit their entry; and
- Entries may not include any third party trademarks (logos, names) or copyrighted materials (music, images, video, recognizable people) unless contestants have obtained permission to use the materials.
Couldn't find an answer to your question? Email us.