- Did I win the contest? When will I receive my prize?
- Free hardware application: Do I have to submit a project entry if I receive free hardware?
- Free hardware application: How many free devices are available?
- Free hardware application: How many ideas can I submit?
- Free hardware application: I was notified that I was selected to receive one of free devices. When will I receive it?
- Free hardware application: What happens if I receive free hardware and do not submit a project entry?
- Free hardware application: What kind of idea is more likely to win free hardware?
- I submitted my project but it says "Awaiting moderation". Will it affect my eligibility?
- My project is locked and I can't edit it anymore. Why is that?
- Somebody copied my entry! What can I do?
- What are the entry requirements?
- What are the judging criteria?
- What are the prizes?
- What are the steps to enter the contest?
- What is the contest timeline?
- When will winners be announced? Where can I see the list?
- Who is eligible to participate?
If you are a winner, we will contact you directly via email to arrange the shipment of your prize.
Participants who receive free hardware and do not submit a project may be ineligible for future giveaways unless the hardware is returned.
If you receive free hardware and become unable to submit a project, please contact us at email@example.com and let us know as soon as possible. We may choose to arrange for the hardware to be shipped to another participant.
To submit an entry, a Participant must meet the following content and technical requirements:
- Participants must create a free Hackster.io account and register as a participant for this contest.
- All solutions must use the Texas Instruments AFE4404 module.
- Waterproofing concerns must be addressed as part of the project.
- Teams of up to 5 individuals may enter.
All valid entries must meet each of the following requirements:
- Each entry must be the contestants’ own original work.
- Entries cannot have been selected as a winner in any other contest.
- Contestants must have obtained any and all consents, approvals or licenses required for you to submit your entry.
- Entries may not include any third-party trademarks (logos, names) or copyrighted materials (music, images, video, recognizable people) unless you have obtained permission to use the materials.
- Each project must be fully documented on Hackster in accordance with the “project” template.
- Each final project must be submitted within the projects template.
- Each final project must include of the following materials: Images, instructions, BOM, schematics, code, CAD of any 3D models or 2D drawings (if any)
To win the Grand Prize your project must meet all of the following requirements:
- You must meet the Participant content and technical requirements.
- Your project must meet the requirements to be a valid entry.
- Your project must be relevant to the theme of the contest.
- Your final project must be fully documented on Hackster with the project template.
- Your final project must be submitted using the project template.
- Your final project documentation must include the following:
f) CAD (if relevant to the project)
Academics from Loughborough University’s Department of Computer Science and Wolfson School of Mechanical, Electrical and Manufacturing Engineering and the Texas Instruments’ team will judge the outputs of the contest (specifically, code, videos, blogs). Representatives from the Youth Sport Trust and SH2OUT will also review the solution and provide feedback. The solution which is deemed to provide the most efficient, effective alert system that could potentially become a widely available product will be the winner.
- Up to 6x 30 minute 1:1 support sessions from Loughborough University London’s Enterprise team, including support to apply for business acceleration programmes run by the University and its partners - which will help the winner turn their idea into a vi...
- Start by creating a free account on Hackster.io (or sign-in if already a member)
- Register for this contest by clicking "Register as a participant"
Second: Apply to win one of 10 AFE4404 units by pitching an idea*
- Submit your project idea by March 23, 2018 at 09:00 AM PT
- Click "Apply to receive TI AFE4404" and fill in the template. Tell us specifically what you want to build.
- We will select the top 10 winners based the originality, quality, and creativity of your idea
Third: Enter to win the Grand Prize by building and submitting your project
- Build your solution.
- Describe your project. Include plenty of details: What is your idea? How is it innovative?
- Bonus points: Create a short YouTube video demonstrating the application.
- Add your project by clicking on "Add my project"
- Submit your project by June 15, 2018 at 9:00 AM PT
Project submissions should include:
- Source code
- Clear project documentation
- Story and high-quality images
- Bonus: A link to your YouTube video
Winners will be selected based on the following criteria:
- Viability: could the solution be a mass produced product? Is it low cost?
- Story – details of how the project was created, challenges and successes
- Project Documentation
- Code – Include working code with helpful comments
* By submitting, you are agreeing to abide by our contest rules.
February 26, 2018 at 9:00 AM PT
Applications for hardware close:
March 23, 2018 at 9:00 AM PT
June 18, 2018 at 9:00 AM PT
June 29, 2018
Winners of free devices will be announced individually by email on a rolling basis.
Contest winners will be announced on June 29, 2018. The list of winners will be visible on the main page (Contest brief).
Individuals and teams may enter; however, the individuals and teams may not be in full time paid employment by any of the sponsors.
You don’t need to be a sponsored challenger to join the Challenge. Anyone can join at any time before the project submission deadline. All you need to do is get the Texas Instruments AFE4404 Ultra-Small Integrated AFE for Wearable, Optical Heart-Rate Monitoring and Biosensing and integrate it into your project. You will then be eligible to win!
Couldn't find an answer to your question? Email us.