Software apps and online services
Table Service helps you to get rid of the boring task to handover spices on the table to your parents. Often you will be asked to handover stuff during lunch which is surprisingly on your side of the table :-)
The robot will help you to do the task handover spices to your parents. The robot can handle actually 3 spices which can be requested via Alexa Echo.
- Video demo of working prototype.
Lego parts used:
- Lego Mindstorms EV3 Kit
- Chains from Lego Model 9449
Based on the models we had, we searched for a solution which can be done with a small amount of Lego parts.
Inspired by the Lego model 9449 Ultra Sonic Raider we used the chains to support the idea to carry things.
The first version looked like this:
Only a thin wall with a long chain mounted to it which are carried by 5 gears.
Then we tried to get the deliver robot running on wheels because we had no parts available to do it on chains.
Simple construct to carry the motor and pusher. It runs on wheels and has some gears which driving the wheels.
Step by Step Guide Building the model:
Below some pictures of the model.
Step by step Coding
- Starting point was the Lego Mindstorms Mission 3 https://www.hackster.io/alexagadgets/lego-mindstorms-voice-challenge-mission-3-4ed812
- We analysed how to set up
- And move a motor….
- Very helpful was also the documentation of Mindstorms interface:
We have more Ideas how to improve / extend the model:
- Adding sensor to identify the spice (e.g. color code on the spice)
- Adding sensor to identify if no spice is loaded
- Expand the band to handle more spices ( actually only 3 spices possible)
- Design deliver motor to run on chain instead on wheels ( train parts or other lego technic solution)
- Walls and closed surrounding for the robot
- Expand the skill to deliver more than 1 spice ( " Alexa tell table service handover Salt and Pepper")